Annealing is a process by which the properties of steel are enhanced to meet machinability requirements. Annealing is a process of heating the steel slightly above the critical temperature of steel (723 degrees Centigrade) and allowing it to cool down very slowly. There are 5 types of annealing: Full Annealing, Process Annealing, Stress Relief Annealing, Spherodise Annealing, and Isothermal Annealing.
The following are some of the advantages of annealing.
· It softens the steel.
· It enhances and improves the machinability of steel.
· It increases the ductility of steel
· It enhances the toughness of steel
· It improves the homogeneity in steel
· The grain size of the steel is refined a lot by annealing
· It prepares the steel for further heat treatment.
With the following data, accurate classify the steel
annealing with the attributes given
The evaluation of this dataset is done using Area Under the ROC curve (AUC).